Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reporting
As per section 4.6.2 of the Waste Packaging and Paper Stewardship Plan and section 7.2(b) of collectors’ Services Agreements, MMSW is preparing to track greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions associated with the program’s collection and recycling of residential waste packaging and paper.
By January 31, 2021, all MMSW collectors are required to submit 2020 operational data related to GHG emissions in order to support MMSW’s Stewardship Plan requirements.
GHG reports are to be submitted on the WeRecycle Portal. Collectors can start entering GHG data any time from now until the deadline.
We have prepared the resources below to assist you with compiling and reporting your GHG data:
- Collection Reporting Guide (curbside, multi-family and depot)
- Post-Collection Reporting Guide (marketing, facilities and transport)
- Portal User Guide
GHG Reporting Training Webinars
MMSW’s GHG reporting training webinars took place on October 29, 2020.
Collection Data Reporting
Collection, Post-collection and Marketing Data Reporting
Timeline of Events
- February, 2020: Collectors notified of requirement to report 2020 GHG data.
- October, 2020: Collectors invited to join GHG reporting training webinars on October 29 and given access to WeRecycle Portal to begin submitting GHG data.
- January 31, 2021: Deadline for collectors to submit 2020 GHG data.