Recycle smart. Recycle right.
It’s important to only recycle accepted materials. Tossing the wrong items in your recycling container can make it hard to recycle the right ones.
What can be recycled?
- PET plastic bottles, like water bottles.
- Glass bottles and jars, like those used for pickles.
- Rigid plastics, like detergent containers, clamshells and peanut butter jars.
- Corrugated cardboard and boxboard, such as cereal, cracker or moving boxes.
- Polycoat containers, like those used for non-beverage cartons.
- Steel containers, such as cookie tins and pet food cans.
- Mixed paper, such as envelopes, flyers and newspaper.
Multi-Material Stewardship Western (MMSW) is a Saskatchewan-based not-for-profit organization that began operation in 2016 to help obligated businesses supplying packaging and paper products meet their obligations under the province’s Household Packaging and Paper Stewardship Program Regulations. MMSW’s members help finance the delivery of effective and efficient recycling services for the waste paper and packaging they supply to Saskatchewan residents.