MMSW Membership Agreement Now Available
As a business resident in Saskatchewan, or as a voluntary steward, wanting to participate in MMSW’s approved waste packaging and paper program, it is necessary to sign a Membership Agreement with MMSW. You can now download a copy of the agreement below, complete it and upload it on the portal below.
Below is the revised Membership Agreement as discussed on the March 3 webinar.
There are only minor changes to the Agreement such as:
- Voluntary Steward definition standardized
- Accommodation made for onboarding new stewards to the program (see sections 2.4.3 and 2.4.4)
- Minor administrative changes (date changes and references to the adjustment policy)
Why do we have to sign a Membership Agreement?
MMSW members are required to sign a Membership Agreement with MMSW because MMSW will fulfil the requirements of the Saskatchewan Household Packaging & Paper Stewardship Program Regulation on behalf of its members. MMSW therefore needs a commitment that members will report their material data and pay the required fees for the management of those materials.
The Membership Agreement has five main objectives:
To set out MMSW’s obligation to perform its duties as your stewardship agent and fulfil your obligations under the Saskatchewan Household Packaging & Paper Stewardship Program Regulation;
- To make clear our joint reporting and disclosure obligations;
- To provide an explanation of how MMSW will calculate fees;
- To outline payment terms and conditions;
- To detail the terms and conditions for contract termination.
Is the MMSW Membership Agreement similar to the MMBC Membership Agreement?
MMSW’s Membership Agreement is consistent with MMBC’s Membership Agreement and reflects the latest improvements made to MMBC’s agreement based on recent suggestions from the steward community. There are of course some minor differences that are required to reflect the Saskatchewan Regulation:
- Minor nuances in terminology:
- Linkages are made to align Saskatchewan terminology re: “Packaging and Paper” and/or “Waste Packaging and Paper” with “Packaging and Printed Paper” as used in guidebooks and on the WeRecycle Portal.
- Differences in EPR responsibility:
- Stewards in Saskatchewan are obligated to pay fees to cover payment for services for qualified municipalities for up to 75% of the net costs of managing the materials of MMSW Members.